Download and enjoy eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and digital newspapers any time, any place.
Frequently Asked Questions
New to using eMaterials?
- What are eBooks, etc., anyway?
- An eBook is an electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer, tablet, smart phone, or other handheld device designed specifically for this purpose, like a Kindle or other e-reader.
- eAudiobooks are audiobooks you can download and listen to right on your device - no changing discs or tapes, no scratched discs, no forgetting the last disc in your player.
- eMagazines are just like regular magazines - lots of great photos and articles on all your favorite subjects from cooking to fashion to health & fitness, but they don't pile up on your coffee table.
- How do I return eMaterials? It's easy! When you've finished reading or listening, you can return your item with the click of a button! Or do nothing and it will vanish automatically when your checkout period has ended. If you aren't finished, you can place another hold and when the other users in line have finished, you can check your item out again and pick up right where you left off!
- How many can I check out at once? Overdrive lets you borrow 8 items at a time, and place 10 holds. You can keep items up to 21 days, although the default is 14 days.
Benefits of eMaterials:
- Adjustable font size and contrast, or volume and playback speed
- Always have a book [or several] with you
- Press and hold a word to look up a definition or translation
- Thousands of titles at your fingertips 24 hours a day
- No late fees or lost item charges